Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, January 14, 2008

I Got My Prom Dress

Presented with nothing to do, nowhere to go, and a day off last Saturday, i decided to go look at prom dresses. And i do mean look. Prom is April 26. Its months away. I had no intention whatsoever of buying a dress. I really just wanted to get an idea of what i wanted, because it usually takes twenty stores and ten thousand dresses before i make up my mind...

The first place i went was A Special Occasion in West Frankfort and i have never bought a dress there before. I never really find anything i like, but i thought i would look. I looked around, picked out a few dresses and tried them on. I wasnt real happy with any of them and i was about to say "lets leave" when my mom was like "what about this one?" On the rack, i didnt really like the color and i didnt really like the shape and i was like "blah" but i tried it on anyway and i was like "OMG. This is the dress"...So i bought it...

Its kind of like an tealy-aquamarine color and pretty poofy with like blue and green netting and a little bit of beading on the bottom. The top has a lot of silvery beading all over it, and its strapless and laces down in the back. Its absolutely gorgeous.

Its basically like a miracle that i found a dress so soon and at the first place i went. The problem is that i cant gain any weight between now and prom. Looks like i better start doing sit ups.

So...has anyone else got their dress yet?

3 comments:

Uh... Leesha? said...

i've got my dress...

i've had it for a few years, it was the one that i wore to duquoin prom my sophomore year.

it's bright yellow, strapless, and has little yellow and light pink flower beads on it and a strap/belt looking thing through the middle.

i'm also going for the bright yellow hair extensions this year.

go alecia and amanda for having early prom dresses!! woop woop!

Anonymous said...

On my blog i have some dresses that i am thinking about... i really want to get a dress a least a little before prom this year.lol. you should look and tell me if you like any. Special occassions is amazing. i love the old woman that works there!

Anonymous said...

that's quite fortunate that you found your dress so darn early. lol
i'm going looking for one on monday, i hope i find one that is very cheap and i can put on lay-a-way. lol

anyway, i'm not sure if we get out a week before graduation..sounds about right, but i'm not entirely sure.