Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Goatees, Goat Cheese, And Sun Tea...Oh My!

I havent blogged in a while, so i just wanted to let you know that the first two sections of this blog are events of today, and the last one happened a few weeks ago. I threw it in for rhyming purposes in the title. Thats basically it. Enjoy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, im sitting in Chemsitry sixth hour today and my lab partner Ashley is talking to me, something about her boyfriend, x-men, and chinese people with goatees, but i wasnt really listening becasue i was rewriting answer on my chemistry worksheet. Im not really sure what the initial conversaton was (ssh, dont tell), but i know this: i wasnt really fazed about her talk of chinese people having goatees. Apparently i was supposed to be...

"Well, how many chinese people do you know that have goatees?" she asked.
"All of them." I replied, pulling a serious face.
She studied me a moment. "Do you even know any chinese people?"
I smiled and said, matter-of-factly, "No, but if i did, they would all have goatees."

Just thought id share that with you. It leads right into the goat cheese...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I was talking to my Beaver (brandon griffin) earlier, and the beave is telling me random stories about his day. I begin to tell him about the chinese people with goatees conversation, but the phone kept cutting out. He asked me what im doing with goat cheese. It took ten minutes to explain to him that i said goatees not goat cheese. Awkward.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, a few weeks ago, im sitting on my couch on a sunny saturday afternoon doing trig when my dad walks through the room and out the front door with a clear, plastic jug in his hand. The jug contained water and two tea bags. He sat it on our porch in the sunlight and came back inside. When i asked what he was doing, he said he was making "sun tea" and that when he was a kid that was how my grandparents had made tea. If you sit a jug with such contents outside in the sun, it will boil the tea out of the bags and thus make tea. I had never heard of it, but i found out from a friend that his mom makes tea that way. I just thought it was interesting...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Much love, kids.
<3-amandamichelle

No comments: